CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anxiety, depression, and more. I feel terrible.

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
purplepixie Views: 8,652
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,088,279

Re: Anxiety, depression, and more. I feel terrible.

I too have felt the waves of feeling better and then feeling worse, mainly in 2 week segments of each.

The ingredients of the Somnolin with 200mg of 5-HT is a good high dose. However, for you it may be helping bringing you relief from perhaps low serotonin, but if high serotonin is a problem for you it can cause worse symptoms after a while. With 5-HT i feel very agitated and moody! The methylfolate (IF) you are MTHFR +/+ will cause detox symptoms, which could be the waves of Depression and anxiety.

I definately get more anxiety when detoxing with methylfolate.. An inner jittery feeling, sometimes my hands are physically shaking. I don't want to see anyone and can't focus on anything. Energy levels are very low too.

You have 65mg of B6 in total with both supplements in there which is the HCL version of it requiring conversion by your body to form the bioavailable p-5-p version...again IF you have a CBS gene upregulation, it is said that B6 is not recommended for this. I'm personally unsure of this but it perhaps causes more ammonia production, which pushes on the adrenal for cortisol production, high cortisol = anxiety (in some people if chronic).
B6 can cause better dream recall - have you noticed this on these supplements?

The Acne could be helped by NAC , i found it similarly helped my skin condition, perhaps due to better glutathione levels...however again with CBS gene NAC is a high sulfur supplement which aggravates ammonia production.

They look like good supplements for people without the methylation issues but if you do have these issues you could easily be going through phases of detox and clearing, bringing waves of symptoms as you experience.

The Ceralin contains niacinamide which would absorb methyl donors so it opposes the job of the methylfolate in that supplement. As Dr Ben Lynch says "It's like putting one foot on the brake and the other on the gas".

The carnitine is a good element of Ceralin, energy-giving.

Have you tried one day on, one day off with the supplements?
Are you taking them daily?

However, if you are an over-methylator adding all the extra methyfolate could equally cause symptoms.

This is why sometimes individual supplements are best as it's easier to gauge how you respond.

You could try 100mg of niacin, or 250mg non-flush niacinamide. It's a very cheap supplement. See how you feel on that - it over-methylated this should improve symptoms. If under-methylated symptoms worsen.
For me, niacin makes me easily flush, i feel quite nauseous and jittery anxious 1/2 hour after taking it and for a few hours more...but the next day i can have an increase in energy.
Taking niacin that causes a flush also helps you determine if you have high histamine levels. If you flush heavily from 100mg Niacin it *could* indicate high histamine levels.

As you already have these supplements, i would stagger dosage to 1 day on and 2 off...that way you get the few hours after dosage to monitor symptoms, the next day once fully assimilated to monitor symptoms, and the day after that to see how you feel off them. If symptoms don't change that drastically for you, perhaps try 5 days on and 5 off.

I've taken supps. daily to stick to a strict regimen before, and any bad symptoms i put down to 'detox' but in reality it's always been the wrong supplement in the mix of stuff i've taken.

When able get the supplements seperately, try them slowly each one, low dose...monitor how you feel. Then when you know B12, folate and B6 work for you you can buy a multi-vit in the future.
Multi-vits in my opinion are not a good idea to these intolerances many people have to one or two ingredients.

I too get orange juice cravings - like you i think that's due to the need of Vit C. Taking Vit C supplementally in 1G dosages is a way to make sure you're getting enough. As you mentioned nicotine use it is best to try to get 2G per day of Vit C as it robs Vit C.

It takes time to build-up the body reserves of good nutrients after a time of neglect and abusing the body as you mentioned in your opening post, so rely on getting plently of good food into you, really curbing the stimulants and know that you're on the road to recovery.
Most on this forum are where you are at or have been so keep asking questions and don't give up!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)