CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The wonder is not the dust cloud, but how can...

refreshed Views: 1,520
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 2,014,208

Re: The wonder is not the dust cloud, but how can...

Thank you Thorn, I never would have thought I would be telling a story like this. I guess it was the only way to get my attention....a dying husband and speaking to me where I could hear His voice.

However, I do want you to give thought to King Solomon. Where did he receive his wisdom? Was it all written knowledge? Is it possible that when a person has the heart and mind that seeks God's Spirit, that extra wisdom is given to him? I'm not saying that there is something new and improved under the sun....just that when man's heart and mind seeks God's, that more understanding may come to that person.

"And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar. In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?"(1 Kings 3:4-9)

"So God said to him, 'Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, I will do what you have asked...'" (1 Kings 3:11-12)

Perhaps because I asked God the right questions, because I didn't know how I was going to manage taking care of my family....He saw my heart and mind and came to me to bring me grace and comfort?

God judges our hearts and supplies what we need. King Solomon asked with the right heart and he was given great wisdom that caused people to flock to him for answers. Why should we expect any less....unless our hearts and minds are not right?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)