CureZone   Log On   Join
20 year old female- food intolerances, eczema, chronic diarrhea, etc.- beginning liver flushes

Views: 9,529
Published: 12 y

20 year old female- food intolerances, eczema, chronic diarrhea, etc.- beginning liver flushes

Hello everyone!! I would just like to share my story with you all, and I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, etc.

I am a 20 year old female and going to be a senior in college next year. My problems really began about 8 years ago when I was going into high school. I didn't really put any pieces together at the time, and I was too embarrassed to really try to get help until this past year. Before high school I was overweight, and had really oily skin and hair and acne. I did not really have any health problems at all except the typical childhood illnesses. Going into high school everything changed. I went from about 140lbs to 110 lbs (which is a lot since I'm only about 5'3), really dry skin, dandruff, dry hair, no acne, constant loose/watery stools (around 10 a day), abdominal pain/cramping, really severe eczema on neck and elbows, and severe chapped lips. I also had dark circled under my eyes, allergy shiners, and extremely cold hands and feet (I was always cold). Later that same year (months after all these symptoms began) I also developed an eating disorder (bulimia) that I was able to eventually get under control by the end of high school. I am not sure if this mental disorder was health related or if it would have occurred anyways. I dealt with all the symptoms constantly throughout high school and the early years of college. Despite all the problems, I was able to live a pretty normal teenage life. I was active and happy with a few self esteem issues (due to skin and perception of being fat). I did not drink, smoke or do drugs at all. I went to the doctor a few times for my skin and was just given a cream that worked temporarily but never fixed the problem.

My second year of college, I really started becoming proactive with my health. I am a nursing major and realized that my symptoms were not normal and I needed to get help. I revealed to my family practitioner about my unrelenting loose/watery/mucusy/discolored stools and abdominal pain and cramping. She told me I had irritable bowel syndrome and gave me bentyl (an antispasmodic). She did not give me any other advice or perform any tests. I took the medicine for over a month with no change in any of my symptoms. I went back and she gave me another medicine that didn't help. I was frustrated because I finally opened up about this problem that I've been scared to talk about for years and it was taken so lightly. I gave up for a little bit about finding a solution.

My junior year of college was very stressful. School was tough and 12 hour clinical shifts left me little free time. I really began having horrible problems with my eczema and with my lips. I used everything hypoallergenic/fragrance free/etc. I used every cream I could find that was supposed to help. My skin itched so bad that I couldn't sleep some nights. My eczema was so red and painful on my inner elbows and neck. It also started getting bad on my face (which had never happened before). It made my upper eyelids red and swollen and also was bad around my mouth. I had severe cracks on the sides of my mouth and a red rash ring around my mouth. It was so painful to smile or talk or eat and I was so embarrassed to go out in public at all or make eye contact with anyone I knew (and I'm typically a very outgoing and social person). I went to health services doctor on campus about my lips and skin problems and then I kept being referred from one doctor to another. Eventually I learned that I had angular chelitis that had gotten infected with candida (same as yeast infection). Gross, I know!!! I was given nystatin ointment which cleared up the cracks within a few weeks. In the meantime I was also passed to a dermatologist who gave me a steroid shot and referred me to an allergy doctor because he suspected food allergy . I also met a friend with similar problems and he said that he had significant improvement cutting dairy/gluten/sugar/etc. I went to the allergy doctor and didn't have a positive skin or blood test for any allergies. He put me on an Elimination Diet for two weeks (no gluten, soy, peanuts, dairy, eggs, or fish) then had me introduce them back in one at a time. After two weeks my symptoms significantly improved (more regular bowel movements, skin clearer and less itchy, etc). I introduced each food back in one at a time and only had a severe reaction when I introduced gluten (wheat bread) and dairy (glass of milk). My loose bowel movements and abdominal pain came back immediately. The allergy doctor told me that I had food intolerances to gluten and dairy and he was happy to have found a solution. I never had any gi tests or anything else done since my symptoms improved. For the following months my skin and lips became clear again, more regular bowel movements (still not 100% normal), less abdominal pain, less dark circles under eyes, less skin itchiness, and increased self esteem. I still have very cold hands and feet though, but overall feeling better. The only medication I am currently taking is birth control pills (tri-sprintec).

My friend suggested that it also sounded like I had liver congestion/ Gallstones and introduced me to the (moritz) liver flush. I have done the Liver Flush twice and have had very positive results. The first time I released hundreds of little green stones and sludge. The second time I released more little stones and about 7 hard, big, dark green stones. I am going to keep doing the flush every 3 weeks until I no longer see stones.

I am very interested to hear if anyone has experienced anything similar to me or has any more insight as to what may be going on in my body. I would appreciate any feedback :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (3)