CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A poll for those with Seborrheic Dermatitis: Let's get to the bottom of this!

dylanrules Views: 34,575
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,351,688

Re: A poll for those with Seborrheic Dermatitis: Let's get to the bottom of this!

I had 2 patches of this over 10 years ago as a college student and thought it was a one time thing caused by dry skin and stress. It just returned with a vengeance about 4 weeks ago and I am desperately searching for answers. I have about 8 spots on my face, about the size of a pencil eraser and about 8 more spots on othr places like under the breast, back, stomach, arms and legs. It seems like a new one appears on my face about every 2 days. I am just now figuring out it is seborrhea. Since it began I changed soaps, detergents, face cleanser, moisturizer all in an attempt to help but to no avail.

I started to think about what may have caused this condition in the first place and as I read about it being a yeast I realized it was most likely connected to the last time I used Antibiotics . About 6 weeks ago I was prescribed Cefzil, a type I had never had. I took it for strep for 10 days. On the 11th day, after I stopped it, I broke out in a full body allergic reaction. I had blotchy red hives that itched all over and was given a shot of the same stuff they give people who are allergic to bee stings and told to NEVER take that "medicine" again. Now approx. a month later I have sebhorrea. Hmm... It doesn't take a genius to figure out they are connected. Obviously if it's caused by a yeast then the Antibiotic killed off the good yeast or whatever and caused an issue, just like they can cause vaginal yeast infections and stomach problems.

I wonder if yogurts or certain probiotics would help? Any suggestions of specific foods I can eat to get my body back in balance? Do UV rays help get rid of it? I'd be willing to go to a tanning bed if it did, although normally I wold never want to do this!

I am terrified that this wil keep spreading all over my face. Any advice or help would be great.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)