CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Pregnant wife 5 weeks without bowel movement!

Hveragerthi Views: 23,005
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,314,998

Re: Pregnant wife 5 weeks without bowel movement!

You need to get her back to a hospital IMMEDIATELY, and find a doctor that will actually do their job.

First of all if she has not had a bowel movement in 5 weeks she is going to be very impacted, and this has to be dealt with by a professional.

Secondly, two likely causes are either a strangulated intestine, or a blockage from inflammation or a tumor. I had a call a few years ago about a similar case. A man I know called me about his wife who passed away. She had not had a bowel movement in weeks and the doctor did the same thing. Just gave her some laxatives and sent her home. No impaction removal, no scans, nothing. Her autopsy revealed that her intestine was blocked from a tumor. I had someone else ask me once what to use as a laxative because he also had not had a bowel movement in several weeks. He was so backed up that he was vomiting up everything he ate because it had no place to go. Most likely his intestines were strangulated from what he described.

What you do not want to do is to do any colonics and DEFINITELY NO LAXATIVES OF ANY TYPE until she is unimpacted and the source of the problem can be found. If there is strangulation or some other problem that can kill the tissue this could not only be dangerous, but could be deadly. This is not the kind of problem you experiment with trying to find something that might work. GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (1)