CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I finally found a remedy to my SD I believe

peachblossom Views: 9,571
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,149,249

Re: I finally found a remedy to my SD I believe

Hi again, Ush! I must have missed your message, sorry.

Yes, I agree totally about what you feel about olive oil here. It is definitely a well-documented "food" for the yeast that is suspected as a factor in SD and I have had it confirmed for me before I even read about it by personal experience. I got horrible flare-ups when I tried it earlier.

It is the task of someone else to explain why olive oil can work so good in this particular application, when it is removed from the skin after an hour or so. Maybe the oil acts as a kind of "magnet" that reduces the yeast concentration in the skin, who knows? Maybe it is as with so many things in life, the olive oil have positive effects as well as negative effects and the trick is to maximize the positive and minimize the negative effects.

What you ingest is definitely a factor. I never consumed very much Sugar products, I'm not very fond of soft drinks, candy or cookies. What I do like is good red wine now and then, perhaps it has been a little excessive at times but still under control.

I'm actually experimenting with the wine (and alcohol) consumption right now: reducing it to almost nil the last two weeks. Surprisingly it didn't have the positive effect on the SD that I hoped, rather the contrary. Now, even a single day of not using the oil/salt/wash treatment is enough to make the SD show. My guess is that a moderate consumption of red wine actually helps, and by a moderate consumption I mean two bottles per week (spread out...).

My plan is to reintroduce the red wine as a natural part of the diet soon, when the experiment is over.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)