CureZone   Log On   Join
Unbelievable - How long can scabies eggs last!

Views: 87,993
Published: 16 y

Unbelievable - How long can scabies eggs last!

About 4 years go my mum went over to the UK to help look after her uncle who had terminal cancer. One of the nurses was a bit sloppy in so far as cleanliness goes and the end result is that my uncle contracted scabies without knowing it for a few weeks and then so did my mum who brought it back to Australia and infected the rest of the household before realizing.
So we did treatment but unfortunately I had recently moved house so had handled many things whilst infected. For a good 18 - 20 months after the original treatment it seemed like every time I unpacked a box of clothing I would get reinfected.
Then I had a clear period of no scabies at all for months! I had read that scabies eggs cant survive for so long so I figured it safe to unpack the remaining few items I still had boxed up... WRONG! I got reinfected again.
After this - somewhere around the 2 and a half years since original infection mark I decided to thoroughly wash every piece of fabric and clothing I owned and stick it in a clothes dryer after it dried for at least 20 minutes. I also vacuumed the house from top to bottom including furniture and threw out anything I thought may not be able to be cleaned properly. This worked really well and there were no more scabies in this house until this week )-:
I was sorting out some more stuff to get rid of just over a week ago and came across a suitcase with my mums old travel bags inside. I took out the bags to see if they were moldy or ok to keep and didnt thnk any more of it until the last few days when I started to itch and break out into those tell tale bumps between my finger and toes.
At first I didnt think it was scabies as I couldnt work out how on earth it could be, but then it dawned on me what Id done. Ive tried to come up with other explanations but I cant and it would be a strange coincidence anyway.
So 4 years on it seems that those scabies eggs are still active!
I remember posting my story on curezone a couple of years ago but Im not suure where to find it. I remember reading about people who had had continuing problems with the for years also. So the moral of this story is - if you get scabies, take your time to do whatever it takes to make sure you get rid of the eggs asap!!!
I almost feel depressed over this but hopefully this is the last time!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)