CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Question #2 "in love" versus "love".

wombat Views: 1,378
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 952,985

Re: Question #2 "in love" versus "love".

because when you are "in love" the ego falls away. Everything is about the other, you want to know everything, every thought, every experience they've ever had. How is it that such a mundane existence brought forth this GENIUS, this POET, this BEAUTY? Every little quirk is delightful. *my, how that hunk of glistening green spinach caught between the teeth sets of the gleaming pink gums!* One is willing to suspend one's judgement and the validity of one's life experiences when one is "in love"...because you are so completely engrossed in the other's being. It's freeing, in a way, in that state you can forget about the your personal shortcomings, your unmet goals, your unresolved "issues", as you see your percieved perfection reflected in his eyes. It's a dream-like state.

and it slips away because it's not based on any sort of reality. It's escapism(& sexual chemistry). The ego rears it's ugly head sooner or later, you notice that the other does, indeed, walk like a duck.

But, my oh my it was fun while it lasted:)

"in love" assumes perfection...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)