CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: cavernous liver hemangioma

Canadian_girl Views: 24,726
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 942,747

Re: cavernous liver hemangioma

Hi Planter40 -

That is strange that your hemangioma had grown so fast. I was jjst recently talking to another woman who is 63 years old and has 3 liver hemangioma's. She said that she had taken hormone replacement therapy in her 40's which I'm sure has caused her liver hemangioma's. It turned out she had Breast Cancer and a full mastecomy. She has been taking natural progesterone for the past 6 years now.

I am going to start taking natural progesterone as well as I have read over 25 websites from reputable health clinics, medical journals etc. that have associated a liver hemangioma with estrogen. It is also advised not to take the birth control pill with having one. I was on the pill several years back which could have caused mine. The liver hemangioma did not grow (thank God!) while I was pregnant but has started to grow again afterwards which is probably due to the fluctuations of the hormones. If you have ever encountered anything to do with estrogen dominance (which most women are) they would include PMS, migraines, ovarian cysts, tender breasts, etc. then you know for sure you are estrogen dominant (I know I am).

In studies, they have seen liver hemangiomas grow in mice when given estrogen but they shrunk when given Tamoxifen. I'm not quite sure I would want to take Tamoxifen at this time but it could be an option.

I don't want to be faced with surgery. It seems like a liver resection in dealing with a liver hemangioma is a routine thing in the US but here, in Canada, doctors talk as though if you get it done you're going to die! It scares me to death!

Thanks so much in sharing your story because it does me some hope that people do have successful surgeries and being that yours was very large too!

Did your doctors mention that they could grow back? There was another study that 5 women who had taken estrogen replacement had their hemangiomas grow back. So I would encourage you not to take anything to do with estrogen or the pill.

Melissa

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.293 sec, (1)