CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: can any one help?

Loro1123 Views: 6,073
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 894,687

Re: can any one help?

My daughter is 13 and has been diagnosed with RSD in her left foot and radiates up to her knee. She has had the disease for almost 3 years and is unable to walk on the foot which keeps her in a wheelchair. The pain is intolerable. One of the medications prescribed is Lyrica by pfizer which helps the burning pain of RSD. As anyone with the disease knows that are several layers of different types of pain- sharp, tingling, burning, etc. Lyrica was designed for diabetic nerve pain and has helped make a difference. People with chronic pain should also look into anti-depressants which my daughter takes Elavil and this helps too. No pain medication has helped and she has tried them all so she doesn't take any. We are waiting on approval for a radical treatment called a Ketamine infusion. But the insurance has denised the procedure and is currently being appealed. I wish you the best in your fight against this disease. Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (1)