CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: can any one help?

Beat the Heat Views: 2,801
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 1,087,968

Re: can any one help?

Plunkins....Well girl you just NAILED IT!!!! I have had RSD or some form for years. The key factor and common denominator is yourself!!!! It SUCKS but you gotta be bigger than the disorder is. I couldn't get a proper diagnosis and I worked in the medical profession for 30 years. My Mom had it, distant relatives have it and now I am s study case at Vandy. I had to do my own research, well my Husband was a huge help, My RSD has appeared to have crossed into the autonomic nervous system and is reeking havoc on varies smooth muscle internal organs. I had no idea this could occur. I suppressed my pain and stress to the point it crossed over. I lost 38 lbs, my blood Sugar was spiking while the thyroid was dropping. Then it found it's real love...my prolapsed mitral valve. I had 3 ER visits in 4 weeks....I had a record at work of no absences for 7 years, I thought it was a mild heart attack. The symptoms increased and progressed. They prescribed cardiac meds but within a few days my body found a way to overide them. I literally was having the burning and Charlie horse like spasms in my heart. I had visible JVD, my pulse ox show drop in o2 levels and there were sounds coming from my chest people could not explain. One minute they were ready to rush me into surgery to replace a bad valve then 20 mins later...Blood pressure normal, O2 stable and patient able to communicate normally. We have no choice, dismiss her. HELL NO!!!! I want a Neuro work up!!!! Saw the Neurologist the next day. He humbly admitted he had no idea what to do or where to send me. I had already called my pharmacy and wrote the meds down along with dosages. Cardio Doc called Vandy the next week and got me into Vandy within 7 weeks. The Neurotin and Elival got the heart under control but the side effect from the Elival were horrible so after 4 weeks they were discontinued. If the problems returned I would have started it back up but I;m just starting 2400mg Neurotin a day and Meclofen Sod 50mg 2 times a day. Fingers crossed guys!!!! Have found changing your diet to lots of fresh fruits and veggies help and you gotta move!!! Don't over do it but get off your ass and kick RSD'S ass...you can push beyond the burn, pain or intolerable ache...YOU HAVE TO CAUSE NO ELSE CAN DO IT FOR YOU!!!! Prayers and positive thoughts to you all!!!! Just Beat the Heat

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)