Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

msteve666 Views: 12,503
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 865,100

Re: Carey Reams and the Liver Regeneration Protocol

I must have missed that part. They were just average lemons... 4/$1, but still, you would think there would be SOME effect. There was nothing. I could try just one expensive organic and see what happens. I've seen some lemons almost the size of a small grapefruit.. very rounded and un-lemon like looking. Now I have to remember where I saw them :-?

Edited Additonal Note:

Did quick search on brix and came across this article

< Previous | Home | Next >

Are your fruit and veggies worth while eating?
The distrubing story appeared in Svenska Dagbladet (Swedish only), my daily morning read. It was about the fruit and the vegetables we buy in the belief they are good for us, and about how these fruits and veggies, colorful as they may be, are so diluted and abused they are hardly worth the effort of chewing and eating them anymore. Many are so low in nutrients and vitamins they would not pass international norms, like the FAO requirements. The paper used a refractometer (Wiki) to measure the sucrose level, Brix, (Wiki) in different fruits and vegetables. A high Brix level means, among other things, that the fruit or vegetables tastes sweeter, contain more vitamins and minerals, won't be as suceptible to spoiling, and will be hardier and thus require less pesticides. A low Brix level may be caused by harvesting the fruit or vegetables before they have ripened, that they have not had enough sunshine, been grown in bad soil, and been reared too quickly. Check the Brix standards and FAO requirements for some different fruits and vegetables in the table below, and maybe after that you'll be ready to jump over to today's post on Smart Stuff, where we've found a couple of affordable refractometers.

Fruit/vegetable (Brix) Excellent Good Average Poor FAO req.
Cucumber 13 8 4 2 n/a
Carrot 18 12 6 4 8.0
Paprika 12 8 6 4 n/a
Tomato 12 8 6 4 5.0
Orange 20 16 10 6 11.0
Apple 18 14 10 6 11.5

The fact that food is being robbed of its nutritional content is not to be taken lightly, and may be one major factor behind the worldwide obesity epidemic, that sometimes leaves people both obese and malnutritioned at the same time, which a one time was a contradiction in terms, but now is becoming reality. You may want to check my earlier post on Eric Schlosser's new book "Chew On This" on the fast food industry, and the post I wrote on Plain Crazy on car seats for obese children.

26 July 2006

There is also a Yahoo Forum called brix talk: Here's a posting about lemon quality: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/BrixTalk/message/7024

Also check out this article: http://www.westonaprice.org/farming/nutrient-dense.html

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (5)