CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My husband is gambeling

Views: 6,690
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 837,074

Re: My husband is gambeling

You can't make him stop it - only he can do that.

But what you CAN do, is make his life outside of gambling so good that he doesn't even think about it. Since he's in the military, it is quite possible that he's away from home too often; maybe that's at the root of the problem. Every one of us needs to do something for himself/herself. But when job or something else doesn't allow you to have good sex, good time with friends or family, fun time, and so on, then an addiction starts. Where happiness is lost, that's where an addiction is found.

Try to show him that there are other things in life which can be just as rewarding. Very smart and capable people are drawn to risk; that explains why he's excited about risking so many things when he gambles. He knows too well that stakes are very high - they include his job, his marriage, financial security... To me that all means he's capable of a lot more in life, but has never tried to reach for it. If he's settled in some kind of routine just because "he should", then that was the begining of misery.

How about taking a trip somewhere where there is no gambling? And while there, how about engaging in some different activities that are fun, mew for him and that you think he would just love to do!? That would show him that it's possible to have fun, risk, adrenaline rush, but without destruction of things that take a lifetime to build.

Prayer and therapy also help a great deal...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)