CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Extreme flatulence triggered by anxiety.Help!!

TC-12 Views: 55,260
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 516,899

Re: Extreme flatulence triggered by anxiety.Help!!

Sorry to hear of your predicament. I'd suggest reviewing the link below in case there's an IBS or similar issue going on, reading through the Rome Criteria. Relaxation techniques (you can type this into Google for more info) might be of help. I know that alcohol has helped me with such a problem in the past for social situations, such as having a double drink beforehand. Evidently alcohol is a physical depressant, as well as psychological, possibly calming the gut. But I've found that this can lead to MORE gas hours later, but in the short term, it can be a helpful cure for social functions, even if it's a very bad crutch to depend on.

Keep in mind that stress can't cause gas ODORS -- only sulfurous compounds in food, or sulfur gases (such as hydrogen sulfide) emitted by less desirable bacterial inhabitants in the colon (as opposed to beneficial Acidophilus and Bifidus bacteria) can cause same. In other words, it's possible there's more than stress going on. See the link for gastrointestinal clinical diagnosis tests, if you want to pursue same. Best wishes for your successful treatment.

//www.curezone.org/forums/m.asp?f=326&i=1054

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)