CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Methadone Success!!Yet Another Opinion

Views: 3,352
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 377,754

Re: Methadone Success!!Yet Another Opinion

Our stories are similar as far as the constant quest for pain medication, Lortab, Vicodin, etc. I have been labled as "drug seeking" in every hospital and doctors office in my surrounding area. But at last I found a doctor who actually listened to me. He believed me that I truly had pain to deal with. First he put me on these Durgesic patches for pain, each patch last for three days of pain relief. There awful drawbacks to them, one they are very hard to keep them stuck to your body making them easy to lose and not even know it for a while. The worst thing is with the Durgesic Patches you go into a very fast very hard withdrawal and rather quickly (within hours) when you don't have them. I went into seizures during a withdrawal from them when the hospital ER gave me a drug (Nubain) for pain that counteracted the patch and sent me into rapid withdrawal. It was the scariest thing I ever went thru. I also went into withdrawal when a patch fell off and I didn't know it until withdrawal started. So finally he put me on methadone and I think it's great I don't get that rapid withdrawal if I don't have methadone right away. The doctor assures me that the withdrawal from methadone is a much slow easier withdrawal than the patches were. The methadone works great for the pain. I take 10mg five times a day, and he also gave me Lortab 7.5/500 that I take four times a day for break thru pain. Best of all no longer am I on that constant search for more narcotics for pain relief. My pain is under control and I don't feel like I took anything at all. Therefore, I for one think that methadone therapy is great and should continue.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.145 sec, (1)