CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Laws

molly bloom Views: 3,481
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 344,178

Re: Laws

Jane:

In California, it is an equal property state. As it stands right now, both people get 1/2 the estate, no matter who knows their place....yikes....or not. I don't remember on my marriage certificate that it says that my husband is the DOMINANT human in our relationship. Now, that's a bit much, don't you think?

The courts do not always favor women. In the old days, that may have been true, but nowadays, it is not so simple. I don't think the courts ever based their decision on the dominance of the partners (ie - Man dominant, woman - submissive, therefore gets children?).

Couples shouldn't be dominant and submissive anyway. There should be an equal partnership of caring and respect. That sounds like old fashioned labeling to me.

I think you should just leave it that you don't think it's right. In that, you are entitled to your position. Other statements can be viewed as inflammatory.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Peace Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.164 sec, (1)