CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: *edited* Re: trying to understand

icralph Views: 1,604
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 274,999

Re: *edited* Re: trying to understand

And the fact that you ARE, NOW, perceiving this experience, is indisputable proof that you forever will be, and always have been. "Eternity" is your nature and there's no way of escaping that. So it's really irrelevant whether you were "placed" here by some God, or by random chance ...

I'm a bit confused by this statement, how does being here now prove that I will always be and have been forever? How do you know that "eternity" is my nature? have you experienced eternity?

If we were placed here by God, then wouldn't there be purpose behind what He was doing? We live in an existence filled with purpose, yet the greater idea of having purpose disappears when we say that we were created by random chance. look around you. we surround ourselves with things that have purpose: a pencil has purpose and my golf club has purpose. Everything that man has created has purpose (somethings may have failed to deliver that specified purpose). And so God created us with purpose.

I get what you are saying about evolution as a process of changing. I think most of the folks on this forum are talking about speciation which is being used synonmously these days with evolution, even in the scientific community. Point being, I think you are saying that we were created by God and we have continued down an evolutionary path since then. But that initial step was created by God (and you also may be saying that it continues with Him involved).

So, shouldn't we discover what our purpose is? Going to work, making money, enjoying life ... that is living life, but that doesn't define our purpose. The greatest philosophers in the world have not been able define our purpose. I think they haven't been looking to the Source of life.

Quinthius, I've enjoyed reading your posts.

-ralph

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)