CureZone   Log On   Join
trying to understand

superhero Views: 2,027
Published: 18 years ago

trying to understand

Ever since I was a little kid I've had a deep-seated feeling in my heart that I was devinely created. However my brain has always been skeptical. It told me (with the help of the media and general consensus of society) that I was evolved from a monkey. I always used to look at those who truly BELIEVED in creation enviously. To me, there always seemed to be so many more positives if the earth was actually created by a God who made the world so He could have a devine and loving relationship with humans....it would just be sooo perfect and beautiful. But there was just one problem ----- my mind just couldn't let me believe it. There were just too many people and scientists on TV saying with absolute assurance that evolution is true and unarguable. This made me quite sad that I couldn't be at peace because my heart and soul told me one thing, yet my brain told me another. It was quite a predicament that confused the heck out of me. It left me absolutely unfulfilled for many many years.

So my question to Atheists/evolutionists is this: Why is it that so many of you treat evolution like a religion? What is it about the theory of evolution that gives you tingles down your spine? Even if it were true, how could it possibly fulfill you? Why do you fight for it with every fiber of your existence? What is it that motivates you to argue passionately for something that is such a dead end?

I remember whenever I thought about the whole subject of my origins, it was easier NOT to think about it. It was too depressing. Evolution was depressing, yet I didn't know how to make myself think in other terms.

So I'm just trying to understand you guys. To me, evolution makes life pointless. Why have joy? Why have love? Why be happy? Why have hope? I don't understand how you can have any of these, yet be giddy about evolution. Please help me understand. How can life be beautiful with a dead end?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (1)