I know several people who have cured themselves of severe mite infections using an essential oil regimen:
1. Tea: place 1 drop each of clove, cardamon, black pepper and cinnamon bark essential oils in a cup of warm water. Drink X4/day. Empty stomach preferred.
2. Topical: rub affected areas, or the entire body, with an anti-mite/anti-fungal cream or oil, 1-2X/day:
MIGHTY ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND #1
25 drops tea tree oil (from australia)
5 drops thieves
5 drops clove
5 drops lavender
5-10 drops oregano (depends on your skin sensitivity)
10-15 drops peppermint
Olive Oil (20 - 40 drops or more)
3. Immune Building Supplement and diet, alkalize if acidic.
5. Can put thick sulphur cream, Neem & Sulphur cream, DE or something similar on head when sleeping at night to prevent mites from moving onto the face and ears.
6. Treat environment and animals - MUST.
7. Light exercise to keep blood and lymph moving and oxygen levels up.
It took a while, months, but the mites were all gone. They noted that it was painful when the mites left. Usually by the third to fifth day the beginning of the exodus started.
Another person included neem oil and sulphur - topically and when bathing (X2-3/day).
A third person only used sulphur and neem, topically and internally (MSM, Neem leaf), instead of using essential oils - all else the same. They used a good neem brand from India.
NOTE: it is interesting that some farmers treat chickens infected with red mites using RedStop which contains Burdock, Thyme and Tansy herbs and water (ACV?). This is added to their drinking water and they drink it throughout the day. It kills whatever is in the blood that the mites feed on and it also repels them. They will leave the host.
This is in addition to de-miting the chicken coop and environment and performing maintenance.