CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Update! Eyesight improving, and general improvements with some side effects from Iodine and Borax protocols

Views: 1,392
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,414,142

Re: Update! Eyesight improving, and general improvements with some side effects from Iodine and Borax protocols

I didn't write it, and you don't have to like it. I hope you didn't hurt yourself taking all that retinol. I'm not smart enough to understand all this, but maybe you or Trapper can:

Cancer and Vitamin A
Vitamin A intake has a complex relationship with cancer prevention: while small doses of vitamin A or beta-carotene appear to help prevent cancer, higher doses seem to have the reverse effect. The anti-cancer effects of beta-carotene appear to stem from its anti-oxidative ability to scavenge for reactive oxygen species, as well as through its conversion to vitamin A, which can improve immune function in addition to eliciting an anti-proliferative effect through the RAR and RXR receptors, thereby acting to block certain carcinogenic processes and inhibit tumour cell growth. However, an excessive intake of beta-carotene appears to have carcinogen effects, possibly through its promotion of the eccentric (or asymmetric) pathway of beta-carotene cleavage, which produces breakdown products that might lead to the destruction of retinoic acid through the activation of the P450 enzyme, which in turn could decrease retinoid signalling leading to enhanced cell proliferation. Therefore dosage seems to be an important factor in beta-carotene action.

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/interpro/potm/2005_6/Page2.htm

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.230 sec, (1)