CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Three Major Prophecies About Billy Graham's Death

Vekky Views: 2,230
Published: 6 y

This is a reply to # 2,403,879

Re: Three Major Prophecies About Billy Graham's Death

"Satan is real, but the 1000 years is not, you say."

The "1000 years" is real, it's just not literal. To say something is not literal does not mean it's not real. The seven-headed beast in Revelation is real, but I don't believe it's a literal seven headed-beast, do you?

Here's a good article on the number 1000 as it is used in the scriptures:
http://www.scripturerevealed.com/bible-studies/the-meaning-of-numbers-the-number-1000/

"I guess you believe there will be a real Gog and Magog war? Or not?"

I believe the terms Gog and Magog in Revelation are symbolic and are a reference to the Gog and Magog battle mentioned in Ezekiel. In Ezekiel, it was the type and in Revelation, the antitype, just like the other types/antitypes we have discussed recently. But yes, I believe the battle will be literal. I believe the nations of the world will rise up in unison against the saints. Even if you can't imagine how this could happen, doesn't mean there is not a way. I can imagine a one world religion and whoever refuses to join up with that system comes under attack. You can't imagine that?

"So I believe it can mean both literal and figurative at the same time."

Well that's where you lose me and I haven't seen anyone else explain their view that way. I'm not even sure how to articulate a response to that to be honest.

As for Jesus calling Peter "Satan", he goes on to explain what he meant by that and it's pretty easy to see how we all could have made the mistake Peter did in that moment, and no doubt we still do:

Matthew 16:23:
"You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.781 sec, (1)