CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Three Major Prophecies About Billy Graham’s Death

Vekky Views: 2,298
Published: 6 y

This is a reply to # 2,403,531

Re: Three Major Prophecies About Billy Graham’s Death

"I can live my life without prophets of any kind. They are no different to me than men who write books to give people their ideas on what the bible says. Same thing as far as I'm concerned. They can be just as false, like the one you quoted and I immediately found error in. Alexander was it?"

You'd have to throw out the bible then if you can live without prophets of any kind, but I know that's not what you mean. :)

But don't say that statement to anyone in the NAR or anyone else that believes we've entered a major new era of Prophets and Apostles who are to lead the church in christianizing the world, lest you are prepared to be told that you are in major disobedience toward God with that statement.

Pastors, theologians, laypeople, etc. who teach from the word of God are all fallible. Because they err in various ways does not make them false teachers. What makes someone a false teacher is the teaching of a false gospel and teachings that are contrary to the essentials of the Christian faith.

Those teaching from the Word of God are not under the same standards as a Prophet. They are not under the same standards because they are not speaking "New Revelations" from God. They are simply teaching from what's already been revealed and yes, they may not always interpret the word of God correctly, and that is why we are told to test everything we hear by the scriptures, even from our favorites bible teachers.

But with "New Revelations" there must be 100% accuracy. The bible was written by men recording with 100% accuracy what God willed to be written. When the true Prophets brought new revelations spoken to them by God before the scriptures were completed, they spoke with 100% accuracy. This had to be so because of the very reason that it was "God's Word" and God does not fail, so His Word does not fail, ever. So that's why a Prophet was specially chosen by God, never self-appointed like we see today, and he was to speak exactly what God told him to speak. Now I know you don't agree with this, but the scriptures never say those standards for a prophet changed. Prophets are not excused now for false prophecies because they are now under grace, which you and Rainy have both argued before. Prophets who speak directly for God don't interpret anything, so their prophecies have nothing to do with their fallibility. They just speak what God says to speak, that's it. And God has always made sure the true Prophets don't have hearing problems, so this idea I've also heard from you and Rainy, that maybe they didn't hear God correctly, doesn't fly!

2 Peter 1:20-21
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

Prophecy never came by the will of man it says, therefore it could never fail. And nowhere in scripture does it say anything contrary to that.

But just look up all the scriptures warning against those who speak falsely in God's name and see if you still feel secure about making false prophecies a lesser deal than it is and comparing those who speak falsely in God's name to some pastor, etc. who errs in interpreting God's Word correctly here and there. If the latter is as serious as the former, then we are all in deep doo-doo, and might as well give up! He who has never erred in a single scriptural interpretation will be fine I suppose. I guess Trapper will be the only one to make it after all. lolololololol

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.390 sec, (2)