CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Good info but hardly the "end to the debate", imo

Paul D Views: 4,030
Published: 6 y

This is a reply to # 2,401,483

Re: Good info but hardly the "end to the debate", imo

You wrote:

"I wonder what method the researchers used to produce silver particles, since they reported that the smallest size particle is 3 nanometers, which is much, much larger than the 0.65 nanometer particles that are found in the best true Colloidal Silver products."

{The above does not state if this particle size in nanometer (nm) is for RADIUS or for DIAMETER, this is the rather curious thing I've always noticed when discussion of size of particles comes up, if it is in reference to radius or diameter}

Silver has an atomic radius of 0.144 nm. Double for diameter.

Ionic silver has an atomic radius of 0.115 nm. Double for diameter.

Non-ionic silver can be manufactured to about 1.0 nm radius, that's 7 atoms, none smaller is known that I've read about, that is until coming to this forum.

You stated above that you know of a 0.65 nm size particle. Is that radius or diameter? The problem with the 0.65 size is that when it is divided by atomic radius of 0.144 you get 4.5 atoms, impossible to have half an atom. However if you double the 0.65 to 1.3 & divide by 0.144 then you get an even 9 atoms, this suggesting somebody got their numbers mixed up by halving 1.3 to 0.65 because they didn't know how to read atomic radii from the Periodic Table.

Of course all Ionic-silver particles are 0.115 nm because ions cannot agglomerate.

So far from all I can see, is that the smallest actual nano-particle of non-ionic agglomerated atoms that can be manufactured is the ~1.0 nm nano-particle of 7 atoms.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.282 sec, (1)