CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Homebrew vs marketplace CS

Esstee Views: 4,406
Published: 6 y

This is a reply to # 2,401,039

Re: Homebrew vs marketplace CS

RE: "No electrolysis method can produce particles even 1/100th as small, and most not even 1/1000th as small as the production methods they employ and particle size is a key to Colloidal Silver effectiveness"
A: I think you misunderstood the reasoning behind my statement regarding ions and particles. ie, if we conclude that low voltage electrolysis produces ionic silver, then it logically follows that there can be nothing smaller in terms of particle size this side of physical matter. Therefore, the notion that another process could somehow produce anything smaller is not very likely at all.

RE: Ionic silver is fine for topical applications.
A: The facts state otherwise however. And I'd point-out that the consensus is that most of the Colloidal Silver solutions being made in homes today, are every bit as "good" and in some cases, "better", than most of the commercial products being sold on the market. And so I just don't think these are viable counterarguments to the production or use of homemade solutions personally.

RE: Not only is Colloidal Silver better able to get past the digestive system and into the blood stream...
A: And what evidence would you cite to show this is most likely true? ie, if we based our conclusions on customer testimonials, then why conclude that these take precedence over the testimonials of the homebrew market?

RE: it is also better able to enter the bloodstream BEFORE it reaches the digestive system as has been attested to by a group of true colloida silver experts.
A: Having researched this matter, I'd begin by asking what evidence we'd look-to, to justify such a conclusion, and /or, whether the experts in question are subject to product sales and marketing.

RE: The smaller the particle size, the greater the surface area for any given PPM and thus the greater the efficiency.
A: As I recall, this proposed claim(not theory), was coined and published by the Mesosilver company(Purest Colloids) in part of a marketing campaign. Though it remains that the claims falls short in practice, and that the idea that a solution exhibiting color change due to plasmon, could not possibly possess a smaller particles size than a solution of the same concentration exhibiting no color(see). And so the notion of smaller particles does not live-up to the claim no matter how we approach the issue(see).

Now in the event that we'd want to use this to conclude that Utopia-Silver could somehow benefit from such a view, I'd add that none of the Utopia-Silver solutions that I've tested showed more than 10ppm of insulble silver. And so here again, the argument does not justify the claim. And is the most likely reason why these products did not measure-up to their ionic counterparts. In short, we cannot put more silver in a solution than is physically possible without resorting to additives(see: saturation limits).

RE: In addition, the smaller the particle size, the better those smaller particles are able to reach areas that larger particles cannot - for example, crossing the blood/brain barrier.
A: Here again, it appears that this does not encompass the physical properties between ions and particulates. Though I'd remind you that there can be nothing smaller than an ion this side of reality, and that unless we're planning on embarking into the atomic silver bandwagon, that it's unlikely that we could ever conclude that silver particulate be smaller or more adept at crossing barriers than ions.

RE: when I observe literally hundreds of people call and write that they have found a product to be superior to another product, then I give that more credence than mere hearsay
A: I think you misunderstood my statement regarding anecdotal opinions. Which is not to say that these are any less significant or true, but moreso, where there can be no distinguishing between one anecdotal opinion and another. And more specifically, where these are not substitutes for controlled testing(see).

PS. There is element in my research that may prove substantial in that ionic silver solutions are subject to degradation. That is to say, that the components of a colloidal silver solution that are subject to oxidation or reduction change the efficacy of the solution in question. Now at first glance, this may not seem significant, though it's been my observation the that the effects of time on the ionic solutions will impact the antibacterial properties of the solution in question. And that products sold on the market are most likely subject to such degradation due to being stored for resale.

- hope this helps

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (3)