CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dry, very tight lips

Views: 23,931
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,119,607

Re: Dry, very tight lips

I could have written this myself! I'm a 19 y/o female and I work as a server. I was laughing with one of my tables and my lips just started to hurt really bad. I went to the bathroom and the area around my lips was blotchy, so I went home and got CeraVe lotion (my dermatologist recommended it for dry skin on my face) took a shower,put it on and went to sleep.

The next morning, my lips and the area around my mouth was red and bumpy and itchy and burning. Nothing new had "entered" my life and I've work at my job for a while now, so that deletes any allergic reactions I could have experienced. I went to my doctor and they diagnosed me with Cellulitis in the face which is basically just a bacterial infection. They put me on some Antibiotics and steroids and it's helped a lot for the most part. It feels amazing holding a cold, wet washcloth to the affected area, so, as you probably guessed, that's what I've been doing, which, unfortunately, is making the problem worse since it's cutting down my skin. I've resorted to straight aloe and cocoa butter vaseline and it's been doing the trick lately! I hope everything turns out well!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.098 sec, (1)