CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dry, very tight lips

Andraniki Views: 59,190
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,119,607

Re: Dry, very tight lips

I feel almost as if I wrote this post myself! I'm having very similar effects as the OP and right now, I'm laying in bed, trying my best not to move my lips (even barely a smile makes them feel like they're being pulled apart), with coconut oil all over them.

I'm also a young woman in the 16-24 age ratio (I'm 20) and my lips started acting up a few days ago now. Originally, I had thought it was from excessive nose blowing and dryness from tissues (I brush my lips every time I wipe).

At first, I thought nothing of it and just put on some 'Blistex Medicated lip balm' to soothe my dry lips, but they started to become rash-like :( I thought maybe my balm was old (I've always used it in the past, no problems before) and stopped using it. I actually began to put neosporin on my lips almost every hour or two, and it would temporarily make my lips feel like nothing was wrong with them, but after a while, the medication would fade and dry, and so did my lips.

Now, they are extremely tight and painful and I read somewhere that coconut oil is the best thing to put on them. Personally though, I HATE oil like substances and I feel so uncomfortable and gross, I was hoping to come here to find out anything I could do! :(

Is neosporin a bad idea? I feel like it's making my lips seem scabby.....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.088 sec, (1)