CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded friday 28/10/16

Tergot223 Views: 8,486
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,318,069

friday 28/10/16

FRIDAY 28/10/16 -

//www.curezone.org/upload/_O_P_Forums/Peeling_Lips/IMG_20161028_200355.jpg

Sad week, this one and the one before. Coming to terms with the fact this won't heal.

I haven't left my house for about 10 days and the break from having to apply the ointment and check the mirror all the time is a small bonus. As said before it's clear I'm not successful with the leave alone/moisture method.
I'm seeing an endocrinologist on Tuesday.

Slightly off subject, but folliculitis on my scalp is getting worse. I've started washing my hair in pasturised apple cider for the past two weeks for the folliculitis.. it does have a very soothing effect but it's not curing it.

A lot of the top of my head has got scabs.. I try not to disturb them when I wash my head because if the cider gets in contact with an open wound it really stings.

Anyway, the Epsom Salt baths were completely pointless but at least it's another notch on the belt. I'm very interested to read about thyroid and my lichen sclerosus diagnosis ties in with thyroid related issues as well as loads of other skin symptoms.

If the endo does not see my symptoms as serious enough I will have to pay for the blood tests myself. I'm not sure how much longer I can live like this in all honesty. The only thing I'm holding onto at the moment is the hope they will find something. My life is on hold at the moment.

Just to give a little info about the nature of the peeling now. The inside of the mouth becomes violently raw/sore and kick starts the outer part of the lips to shed. This is as bad as it's always been. If I use the lips like a normal person without constantly tending to them they end up looking like this.. I have been nibbling the dried out shards of dead skin and neglected them completely the last few days, thoroughly fed up.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)