CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Leaving them alone (healing blog - updated weekly)

Tergot223 Views: 9,208
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,319,601

Re: Leaving them alone (healing blog - updated weekly)

Thanks for the support.

I look in the mirror multiple times a day and it's hard because it reinforces my anxiety about it. I know I shouldn't do it but I do and can't stop. Looking people in the eyes is hard, I avoid eye contact whenever I can, even with family. It's definately a depressing time of year to be missing out. It shouldn't stop me but it does. This is not self pity, I'm just not strong enough a person to endure the judgements of people whose opinions I care about. If I'm honest, I do care what people think (even strangers).

On the plus side, you will know from trying the steroid whether it helps - and despite everything on the internet about pros and cons of various methods, we seem to mainly learn from ourselves and our own efforts.

I think if the steroid doesn't show changes pretty soonish, or your lips go back to normal peeling after having tried it, you'll know for sure whether it's a wound or not.

I keep swamping the stitching in line with coconut oil. I'm focusing on that line more than the outer skin of the lips because of the redness that is clear from those photos.

Perhaps you could start a blog as well? It's helping me stay motivated and being able to compare the pictures helps me notice things I wouldn't otherwise.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)