CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Raw milk, how long is it good for

mo123 Views: 6,310
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,909,257

Re: Raw milk, how long is it good for

Let me explain this simply. If you have a few pet cows in your backyard and you are milking them yourself, it is completely different from buying from another outside source.

So here in Jordan trucks come around and sell the milk. The milk is place in huge plastic jugs and they sell it by the kilo. So they use a huge metal dipper to dip the milk out and place the milk in plastic bags.

So chances are that huge plastic jug is used over and over and over without sterilization. The huge dipper is used over and over again without cleaning.

So everytime they dip the dipper in the milk, they lay the dipper on the counter to seal the bag. So now we have a counter with bacteria, a dipper with bacteria and a huge jug that may have bacteria.

So maybe in a perfect world these things do not apply but for most buying from a so called safe source, it is necessary to heat the milk for one minute and leave it in the frig for a minimal time.

Now if you check many sources say you leave the milk in the frig longer, but why take the chance. The milk is just as delicious frozen and safer.

Now I am not attacking your post Grz, I am posting my opinion which I have a right to do. It is not about who is right, it is about giving full information from all sides.

Sara

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)