CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Adrenal fatigue from Benzo withdrawal

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

woody051979 Views: 15,816
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,892,725

Re: Adrenal fatigue from Benzo withdrawal

I know you think you are helping by recommending to take an SSRI but that is the worst advice you can give. I have spent almost 2 years reading about benzos and medications like ssri's and fluiroguinolone antiobiotics and Z-drugs like Lunesta and a few others. Those drugs DO cause withdrawal symptoms as they act on GABA. The gaba receptors themselves have been down regulated thus leaving the central nervous system in a hyperexciteable state leaving it SUPER sensitive to many substances including the ones I listed.

Most people in benzo w/d are already sensitive enough without being shocked by further harmful meds like SSRI's. I will NOT go back on another one of these awful medications that damage my central nervous system. I shooudl NEVER have been put on that one in the first place. Furthermore, I have allready seen 8 different doctors over the years and gave them a chance by trying many different medications including SSRI's and NONE..I repeat..NONE of them worked. It took me 8 years to find out that these dcotors were lying to me and that I didn't have an anxiety disorder that ws causing ALL of the symptoms I had for many years. It was the benzo I was on.

So..I will NEVER take another psych drug again...EVER EVER EVER and recommending that to someone in benzo w/d that is already sensitive to medications shows how little you know about what you are talking about. I don't mean to be rude...but I am surprised that I woild get such wreckless advice after explaining that I was in benzo w/d. You may want to do some more learning about benzo w/d and the drugs and other substances that can make it worse.

Sorry, but this is a VERY sore subject with me...and I have faught a long time to get this far...and seeing that advice kinda set me off...again..sorry..I know you don't know any better...but others who are coming off of benzos don't need to go on more drugs. PLus..SSRI withdrawal CAN be very similar to benzo w/d..not identical but it can be bad. Check out paxilprogress.org...those ppeople would also disagree with your advice.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)