CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: SCD diet

anja Views: 46,509
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,118,681

Re: SCD diet

There are elements to that diet that seem acid-forming, and I initially was eating way too much meat for the same reasons. I'm sure it's really hard to keep a kid on that diet. I read about one autistic child who did reasonably well on SCD, but made more improvement with the Body Ecology Diet, which does allow some grains. If there is anything to the Blood Type Diet , I'm a type A and should be predominantly vegetarian, and that is what I feel best on. I am finding more and more that a mostly raw diet suits me pretty well, despite the temperate climate and cold winters here. I have never been able to stick to any one diet long term, so it remains to be seen how this will go. A find I can tolerate nuts well enough if they are raw and preferably soaked, but the cooked nuts - like the almond flour products just feel like cement in my gut, I have to be really careful with those. It's easy to overdo the proteins and dairy on that diet when you don't have that extended energy given by complex carbs. I've been on and off it several times, and I"m finding that if I modify it by gearing toward mostly veg. and raw, supplement with lots of fish oil, minerals from fulvic acid (and I do eat sea veggies contrary to their recommendations), I feel more balanced, and it seems to help the bloating and gas issues, though I know I still have resident yeast and parasites at the root of that problem. More than likely I'm just feeding them less by avoiding grains, and so it's keeping the symptoms down. One thing to note - my husband does therapeutic bodywork, and he has been able to help a number of people with reflux issues - sometimes it's just a malpositioned or "stuck" organ or valve. He does a technique called visceral manipulation to work with that kind of thing.

Good luck in your efforts!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (1)