CureZone   Log On   Join
The message is lost

Molly Bloom Views: 3,648
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,070,923

The message is lost

I know it is hard to understand. It's not about "naming" a guilty party. I was a victim, pure and simple. And truthfully, I was not at fault...or should I say, my fault was not leaving sooner.

There are some basic misconceptions about what it is like to be a victim of abuse. Too often people blame the victim as much, or more than the victimizer.

Lately I've seen posts aimed at exactly that message. People telling me to forgive, or forget. To make some ridiculous hand gestures to get over it. It's the sense of betrayal that has led me here to help others. If I just melted into the woodwork, now I wouldn't be the strong woman I am that still has the fortitude to get these women out of the house and away from those that are harming her...now would I?

I know it's very hard for those that have never been in this position to understand the sheer fear, the sense of loss, the anguish and hurt to be abused by someone you trusted and loved. It's like mourning with pain.

I appreciate your post. We all have our past issues that can be quite painful. I do not diminish your pain. But I want to be very clear, when people on this forum post to a person that is in the real and present pain of one of these abusers our only action is to come on strong. It's the way it is, it's from counseling women in this position, it's from surviving our own nightmare. It's a matter of giving back.

Does that make sense?

Molly

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.121 sec, (1)