CureZone   Log On   Join
HPV, my experience

Views: 52,771
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 88,812

HPV, my experience

Sorry to take so long to respond. I probably overreacted to your situation out of my own personal drama and history. It sounds like you have everything under control.

When I was 19, my very experienced and sexually active older boyfriend passed the kind that grow to me and I had to have them burned off at a dermatologist's office. It was sooooo humiliating. I did not know anything back then. I refused to have any further relations with him until he got his situation taken care of. Neither one of us had any more symptoms while we dated for another several years. He used over the counter wart medicine to burn his off. I did not have any more symptoms until 20 something years later when I was carrying my first full term pregnancy, and I thought my husband had passed one to me from his hand. From where it was, I think it was just a recurrence of a virus that I had dormant for many years, and my immunity was depressed from the pregnancy. I no longer have any symptoms and neither does my husband.

I think what Healthfreak writes is interesting. This is not my original understanding of HPV and wart symptoms, but I am learning all the time. I know that one does not have to have visible warts to have contracted HPV and there are many different strains of the virus. But anyway, regardless, you have seen the pictures. The warts can absolutely disfigure one's genitalia if not taken care of.

One of my previous co-workers had the HPV passed to her by her husband and did not find it until a pap smear. By that time she had to have some sort of surgery.

Sorry to be so overreactionary.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)