CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Alternative Treaments for Bacterial Vaginosis

rickyjean Views: 20,569
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 750,519

Re: Alternative Treaments for Bacterial Vaginosis

Hi shereelee,

I just wanted to say I totally understand where you are coming from. I think you definately have it figured out, except how to treat longterm. I know people have pointed out that BV can be sexually transmitted, etc. but I dont' think that is the only way, or even the most common. Sounds like you have a good OBGYN, which is great. My two cents, since I am dealing with this too...I think it IS your husbands semen, and I think it is possible for people systems to change over time. Probably both of your bodies have changed, either hormonally or with pH. I mean, if you think about it, changes are normal, they happen. I have noticed huge changes in my body - systemically - the last ten years (between 22 and 32). I have also noticed that when my BF and I have sex a lot - with out condoms and when he ejaculates inside of me - I have a definite increase in symptoms. Also when I ovulate and before my period I tend to have more problems. I also don't think there is anything WRONG with either of us. I am just different.

I have used a peroxide flush to re-establish pH (cheaper than RePhresh), but I always follow it up with acidophilus inserted for a few days to pump up my flora. Actually, I use kefir milk, which is a cultured milk carried in health food stores. I have found it works MUCH better for me than yogurt or even acidophilus caps. I have a syringe from the drugstore without the needle (of course) and I insert about a tablespoon. I use the same syringe for the peroxide flush. I think from here on out, I will try to treat myself with one or the other whenever we have a particularly active day or weekend. I think it is just that my BF's semen is especially alkaline and I am sensitive (I also never had this type of situation on a regular basis - almost always used condoms in the past). I am also going to try and keep my diet healthy, cut down on alcohol and sugar, etc. I think this is one of those problems that is very individual, and we all have to figure out what works for us. I also think what works changes as we change, which is natural.

Oh...one other thing I noticed is that I seemed to have less of a problem when I was drinking this "fat flush" drink. It was coincidental but I think it helped. It didnt flush much fat though...haha. I did it twice a day. I use a heaping teaspoon of Yerba Prima fiber blend (It has psyllium, oat bran, apple pectin, etc.) with a 1/2 tablespoon of cranberry concentrate and 1/2 tblspoon of lemon or lime juice. I fill the glass up with COLD water and take two flaxseed or mixed-Omega oil gelcaps with it. IT is great for regularity, but I noticed my BV seems to go away when I use it too. It may or may not help.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say I undertand where you are coming from and how hard it is for each of us to figure out what works individually. These problems DEFINATELY do not have a one-size-fits-all solution, even more than other conditions. Please let us know what works for you - and I am sure you will find it - so maybe it can help someone else.

Good luck!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.128 sec, (2)