CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What an odd topic

rudenski Views: 2,157
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 631,327

Re: What an odd topic

There is a distinct difference between the words in the bible and the Spirit of the Bible... If one tortures the bible to use it as a weapon to oppress and bruise the heads of his neighbors then one misses what the Spirit of the Bible was left here to say.....
A Christian's job, upon salvation, is to be a minister Christ...the Word made flesh... The Bible, a Love story, in the hands of a Spirit lead Christian shows the world how dark the world is by being so bright with truth and love that the darkness is distinctly different from the light...

If we say we have truth but hate our neighbors then we are no different than the non-christian who hates us. If the Bible is used in truth and Spirit then it will be a beacon of light to the lost but when the bible is used to crush(thump) the lost then there is no light in it... How dark can christiainty appear to a world without Christ when they only reveal darkness. If the Word Word of God blesses my life then I should never be ashamed of showing the world how much God loves me... but christians who torture the word, to use words meant as stong meat for Christians and use it, against non-believers then christians should be ashamed. I think that christians who use the bible to attack non-christians are not following the Spirit of God but their own flesh... If Bible Thumping meant our heart is thumping so hard because of our great love for Christ then that would be awesome... but when the words of scripture are used to attack non-believers who do not have the Spirit in them then it is like trying to teach a third grader calculus when he does not know his multiplication table.... Save the stong meat for hard hearted christians please...

When I was a child, I knew of the Spirit of God but when I put on the Spirit of God...the Word of God came alive for me... & as I grew to know God's great mercy and love, I put away trying to legalistically put myself above my neighbor and try every day to work out my sakvation day by day in Spirit & Truth...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)