CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Desperate Mom of 8 month old baby w/ Eczema

aunty Views: 9,156
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,268

Re: Desperate Mom of 8 month old baby w/ Eczema

Hello Suzanna,

In my search for immediate relief for my nieces, I wanted to also make sure that it was with a product that wasn't going to cause more damage to their sensitive skin. Our natural selection of product began to work immediately towards promoting the skin healing; and the severe (total body) eczema skin of my niece was completely recovered in two weeks. To me, that was quick. There is a process to healing. Although we saw results immediately, it took time for the skin to completely recover and heal. For a body that was totally covered with raw eczema skin to heal completely and show no signs of eczema (scarring) in two weeks was, to us, quick (although it wasn't instant). I say that to clarify that my definition of quick doesn't mean instant; but rather, immediate improvement towards the process of healing (as opposed to suppression). With the natural options, you will know instantly whether or not the product will promote your child's skin healing. If an allergic reaction is detected immediately, then that product is not a candidate for skin healing with your child. We saw immediate improvement; therefore, we knew that the natural product that we had chosen was the right candidate for us. I get equally frustrated when what worked for us, doesn't work immediately, and with the same results, for others. However, I know that it is not the only natural option for healing and hope is not lost.

Elidel, although it is not a steroid cream, still promotes harmful side effects to the body and skin. That is the draw back to synthetic formulations, (harmful side effects). These are the possible side effects of Elidel: burning or feeling of warmth, headaches; with longterm use - nasopharyngitis (cold/stuffy nose), influenza, pharyngitis (sore throat), fever, viral infection, & cough; some people experience herpes skin infections (like cold sores, chicken pox, or shingles) warts, or swollen lymph nodes. This is the reason I was determined to find a natural moisturizer that would work with the body's natural chemistry and promote skin healing. My nieces haven't had a flareup in 4 and 3 years since their skin was first healed from their severe eczema breakouts. We knew, from the 30 years of experience with our mother's eczema, that an instant quick fix would lead to longterm suffering and short term success.

Food allergens are not the only culprit for eczema breakout. If the baby formula that your baby consumed did not promote constipation or diahrea, but promoted normal (good, daily) bowel movements, then I would not consider it a culprit for eczema breakout. My nieces suffered with constipation and very painful bowel movements that would prompt bleeding; an indicator to us as to what the culprit for breakout was. The message posted by #14575 gives you very good information regarding other possible allergens/irritants. Here again is a list of possible allergens/irritants to consider: certain foods (specific to the individual), pet dander, harsh detergents or soaps, household cleansers, harsh/synthetic fabrics (like wool and polyester), dry air, unclean air, pollen, molds, dust mites, paints and other toxic chemicals, and stress. The body gives excellent hints as to what the particular toxic agent (allergen/irritant) is. [For example; eczema localized on the hands alerts a person to dishwashing liquid or harsh soaps as a possible culprit. An eczema flareup on a wrist, may indicate a watch band (metals) as the possible (allergen/irritant) culprit. In babies, eczema on the wrist, ankles, and at the back of the neck would alert elastic bands and tags on materials as a possible culprit for breakout.] These are just some of the examples of how the body helps in messaging to you what the possible allergen or irritant for breakout is. Have you ever seen a movie where a frantic person is being chased by a suspect and when they go to start the car (in their nervous excitement) they can't get the key into the ignition to start the car; yet on any other normal (calm) day they would start the car without even thinking about it. It is that same type of panic (frantic, nervous excitement) that is making it harder for you to see the allergen that is right in front of you. This is not to condemn you, it is highly understandable. If it is possible for you to go to a place (outdoors) and sit for a moment to relax and breath, you may be surprised at what may trigger, to you, the allergen culprit.

There is a natural alternative to the steroid creams, Elidel, and Protopic, that you may want to investigate. It is called NaturalDerm skin rash cream. It was developed for infants and children with eczema. It's adult formula is called MultiStrength skin rash cream. You can visit their website at multistrength.com to investigate it for yourself.

The most important thing for you and for your baby is that you are able to relax for a moment. You may be surprised at what you discover. Almost in the same way that you find an item that was lost, when you weren't looking for it.

Please keep us posted, people like #14575 may be able to help you see what you may have missed.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)