CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Desperate Mom of 8 month old baby w/ Eczema

aunty Views: 8,582
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,264

Re: Desperate Mom of 8 month old baby w/ Eczema

Hello Mom,

Simplicity is the key. As far as the external goes, one moisturizer should be sufficient. Applying too many different creams and lotions overwhelm the skin cells, clog the pores, and promote continued breakout. A good moisturizer which contains herbs and vitamins that promote skin healing is all that is needed. If you are trying the Borage Dry Skin Therapy, then the Elidel and the Cetaphyll need to be eliminated during the trial process (at least 3 days). We did not apply any other medications or creams in the treatment of our nieces severe (total body) eczema breakouts. We used one daily moisturizer (nothing else), which worked to restore the moisture and promote skin healing. If you are using several different creams, then you cannot judge fairly the effectiveness of a particular cream or lotion. The Borage Dry Skin Therapy lotion contains borage oil, which is a natural source of gamma linolenic acid (otherwise known as GLA). It is an essential fatty acid that promotes (naturally) the skin's ability to retain moisture and it operates as an important modulator of the inflammatory response. The lotion also contains aloe vera gel, which helps promote tissue integrity and provides anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Because the skin is an external organ, it needs to be treated externally as well as internally. This is why finding a good (daily) natural moisturizer is so important. The key to knowing that you've found a good moisturizer is that it eliminates the need for other creams or medications; and obviously promotes skin healing. By eliminating all other cream applications and when introducing a new lotion (moisturizer), you should notice immediately whether or not your child is allergic to the lotion or if it is a good candidate in promoting your child's skin healing.

The key to knowing whether or not the baby formula was culprit in the eczema flareup is constipation or extremely painful bowel movements. This was our family's biggest trigger to the baby formula as culprit with my nieces. This frustrated me as much as the flareup did; because I knew that this was the reason for the flareup. The hope in that, is that I also knew that finding the right formula (one that worked with the baby's system) would eliminate the flareup. Baby formula as culprit may or may not be the issue for your child; however alerting you to it's indicators may help you in determining that fact.

What I want people (parents especially) to see is that eczema flareups can be eliminated as quickly as they appear, if responded to with wisdom; as opposed to quick fix medications that promote continued flareup because the source of the eczema breakout hasn't been addressed. What I am trying to say is that you don't have to fear it; you can conquer it. An eczema flareup is a warning to the body that an allergen/irritant has infected the body. In your search for skin relief and restoration (with a good moisturizer), always address the culprit (instigator for eczema breakout - foreign invader) so that you can stop the promoter of the flareup. Once the internal, external, and foreign have been addressed, flareups are eliminated. In my nieces cases, for the longterm. When I started on the journey of skin healing for my nieces, I had no one telling me of the successes of naturally treating the disease. I was fueled by common sense, logic, and an inner voice that wouldn't let me quit. Now, through the internet, you can know that there is an alternative to the frustrating process of eczema suffering that promotes skin healing and restoration without causing longterm damage.

The hope is real. You can beat this.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)