CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: dear ol' dad

shelleycat Views: 1,370
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 623,278

Re: dear ol' dad

Oh yes, allergies are often connected with emotions and boundaries.

I have a friend who gets the pollen-type allergies and every cold or flu that passes thru. She also has a tendancy to get stuck in power plays, the tyrant/victim base level of things, thinking she's under attack when she's not. TAking things personal when it's not, it's just people being people. Wanting others to change when she's the one with the problem.

I detest getting into arguments with her because she can't stay on topic, she has to go off on what my facial expressions look like, my gestures, anything she chooses to find offensive. Aarrrgghhh! LOL! There are none so blind...

Now, getting sick because of a lack of boundaries and wanting to embrace the world too much emotionally, that's an interesting way to look at it. Will have to ponder that! :) People challenged by the 2 or have 2's often have poor boundaries because their parents set such poor examples as to what a healthy partnership is.

Thanks to my parents, I'm flabbergasted by couples who actually DO things for each other without going totally overboard, keeping a balance between being supportive life-mates without getting all co-dependent. I didn't know how to do that very well, only if I'm not really emotionally invested. I can easily get the mix right if I don't care too much about whether the person stays or goes in my life LOL! ;)

Right now I'm totally celibate, a monk! and it's a nice change. My 30's were all about sexual/relationship exploration, so ... been there done that. ;) I'm only wearing comfortable shoes from now on LOL! :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.133 sec, (1)