CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I cured my Ulcerative Colitis

Views: 35,530
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 57,447

Re: I cured my Ulcerative Colitis

Hi Domby,

If you have a flare up, do not decrease your medication dosage. I'm not sure if you have, but if you have, please do not decrease your medication dosage. You need to first put the colitis into remission, and then you can try to wean off the medications.

Also, I hope you are not taking the herbs at the same time as when you take your medications. You should take them at least a half an hour apart (preferably an hour). The medication or the herbs can cause the other to be less absorable in the body.

Slippery elm is a good herb for colitis, and I would continue using it. Just because you do not feel a difference, does not mean it is not working. Give it time, it is natural. But again take it separately from the medications.

Continue juicing, it really will heal the gut, but again this takes time too. I believe you just started juicing, so it may take a few weeks until you feel a difference.

You do not mention whether you are taking probiotics. You should really take good bacteria, even increase the dosage if you have to (but again, take this away from the medications, and from the olive leaf extract, which may also kill good bacteria, as it is a natural antibiotic).

I cannot comment on the vitamin E enema, as I've never heard of it, or tried it. The above remedies worked for my colitis, and I believe I do not have colitis anymore-am off the meds since February 2004, and do not have any colitis symptoms-and my colitis was not mild when I did have it-surgery was an option at one point. Just hang in there, and implement the above protocol into your lifestyle.

You do not have to lie to your doctor. But also do not allow him to discourage you from trying natural remedies to alleviate your colitis symptoms, and possibly cure your colitis in the future.

Hope these tips help....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)