CureZone   Log On   Join
Re:knowledge of ratio omega 3:6:9-pecosbillie

Pecosbillie Views: 4,991
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 50,419

Re:knowledge of ratio omega 3:6:9-pecosbillie

Yea Pete and Val look pretty good considering their dubious bloodlines, lol. My horses are another matter though. Impeccable bloodlines, and we've had two finish in the top ten in their classes at the world championships, beating some very famous training barns in the process, quite a coup for a small time private individual.

Their coats are shiny enough we're one of the few who don't use show sheen before showing, and what has given us a major edge is the stamina. Our top gelding is 18 years old and has more stamina than horses half his age. He once showed in two classes back-to-back last season, where most horses are exsausted after one. He barely broke a sweat. Proper conditioning and training are a big part of it, but the Rice Bran Oil I do have to give a lot of credit to also. The other "secret weapon" is making sure the horse loves his work rather than looks at it as an unpleasant experience. Too many folks, including his former trainer, don't take behaviour issues and the horses mindset into account, and their performance will suffer for that easily avoidable faux-paux.

A horse that loves it's job tries harder, not much different than people really, in that respect. As for my dogs, they love their job too, which is primarily 'hanging out' and playing tag with the horses.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)