CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Tithing or Non-Tithing?

docTrudy Views: 3,390
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 405,860

Re: Tithing or Non-Tithing?

Dear friend,

Tithing is of the Old testament, and was some form of paying taxes (as we do now). Nevertheless, Paul writes for the congregation to put money aside and give it to him before he goes to Jeruzalem, to help the poor.

As far as I know there is no mention of giving tithe (10%), nor commanding this to the New Testament believers. We have always been against this, because it only serves as a secure amount of money on what the "church" counts on, from their members.

I believe we are free to give whatever the Lord puts in our heart, and according to how the Lord blesses us. I would rather say that 10% is the minimum. The Law was for them that did not live through the Holy Spirit and could not fulfill God's requirement.
We, who have His Spirit within us, are guided by Him and not by demands of churches of other organizations. Our obligation is to God, NOT to man.

This does not mean that we should not help out and even sacrifice to God's work. I do not believe in just giving a donation (or 10%) to something that I don't know where it is for. For example, in the church offering. It may go to new floorcovering, updated pulpit, newer sound system, and/or free gas, car, telephone, housing for the pastor and family etc. etc. Paul even boosts that he was not relying on money from his congregations, because he worked as tentmaker beside preaching and teaching God's word.

We are not against giving to the Lord, but not the Church required 10%. I even think that figuring out the 10% of one's netto or bruto income is not pleasing unto the Lord. The 10% "tithing" is rather skimpy and one may be cheating on God if he can give more.

We should give as the Lord directs and to the furtherance of His Kingdom. Dolling up the church building, giving extras to them that have already, giving an elaborate church dinner is not FURTHERING THE KINGDOM OF GOD. Looking after orphans and widows is what God's word commands. Is that what the Western World churches are doing??

In His service and for His Kingdom.
Dr. Veerman

http://achristiancounselor.com

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)