CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: please help

Gardeninginthefog Views: 2,235
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 378,042

Re: please help

Hi there. Sorry you are feeling so down. You said "Besides, i dont think i am even capable of love anymore, if I had ever been. I cant help but see us as animals who have evolved way too much for our own good..." It sounds to me like you have loved too much. I don't believe that you are incapable of love. I think that it is your great capacity for love is what has you feeling depressed. Your writing about your current situation with girls as well as your past and crying over loneliness as a child show a strong desire for love. What I hear is just that deadness that a person feels when there is too much pain to feel one's real feelings. Kind of like an emotion shock that sets in when feelings are too overwhelming. It sounds like you have a hard time feeling loved in return, and accepting the love that is there.

You also say “although ive had flings with several who are very attractive. I always felt inadequate for them, and didnt understand what they saw in me.” That, in combination with the fact that the fling you wish to pursue is one with a woman who is unavailable, makes me wonder how available you are to returned love. Would you continue to be interested in someone who returned your feelings? It sounds a bit like you might loose interest? Especially in someone who expressed a lot of desire for you? . If that has been your experience it’s worth thinking about.

I also hope you don’t kill yourself; I think that would be a big mistake, because there is a part of you that really wants to live. The part of you that wants to live is what made you post this note, and I think you should find out what it is that that part of you wants to live for.

You’ve said you don’t believe in any higher power, or at least that is what I took got from this: “I cant help but see us as animals who have evolved way too much for our own good...the lucky get what they want while the losers lose. Natural selection. When i look around at the happy people around me it seems they all are either one of the lucky people in this big "survival of the fittest" thing, rely on stupidity(faith), religion or some kind of false belief that doesnt work for a deeply thinking, feeling person.” I have to say I find it surprising that any deeply thinking person could believe that all of this evolved from chance without some form of intelligence as its source. The fact that beings are sentient—self aware—happened just due to chance? The odds of that to me seem mind bogglingly, staggeringly, unlikely to occur.

Or perhaps you balk at the name that has been put to the idea by different societies (eg. God, Allah, Tao, Vishnu, etc)? If it’s just the name or religion per say, then I agree with you. It doesn’t matter what you call it. It’s worth thinking about because your life view can provide you with a lot of inner strength and a feeling of ease when you find a connection to your inner self. To me, that inner self and creative life force share a similar nature.

On to quackwatch.com. When I first came online, here at curezone, I came across that site and almost didn’t try this stuff. But the thing about quackwatch is, while they make some points that sound very good, if you read down far enough some of the stuff that they say to discredit people who pursue natural healing is pretty bloody ridiculous.

Such as this statement: “Ignore any practitioner who says that most diseases are caused by faulty nutrition or can be remedied by taking supplements.” That’s ridiculous even from a standard medical standpoint. It is widely acknowledged that diet has a lot to do with major diseases such as high cholesterol and heart disease, clogged arteries, adult onset diabetes is most frequent in obese individuals, people get Gallstones and gout from eating certain types of food, people who eat more fiber have less incidence of colon cancer…. Even from the perspective of the most conventional of modern medical science, that statement is ludicrous in its pure ignorance. I also love the comment on how Genetically engineered foods should not be labeled because they are so safe. Tell that to the cloned sheep who aged at three times the normal rate! I guess that’s just not front-page material. Anyhow, my advice on quackwatch is take a deeper look; it’s pretty misguided. Oh, also rent “Supersize Me.” That's documentary of a guy who eats only fast food for a month. There is some great film-documented-science in that movie regarding diet.

I really encourage you to try some of the things suggested on this website for your acne. Especially a bowel and liver cleanse, and drinking a lot of water. Though it’s definitely most important to take care of it from the inside, there are some outward things you can do as well. Learned these things in aesthetician school: Stridex or other medicated acne-washes strip the skin of oil and dehydrate it causing the brain to think it needs to produce more oil, and starting a vicious cycle of dependency on the product. You better off using only plain water and a fresh cotton wash cloth to wash your face (no soap). A clean washcloth each day is necessary to prevent bacteria from growing in it. You can use the same cloth in the morning and evening if you rinse it out well and wring it dry and hang up when you are done. A cotton washcloth is a good way to exfoliate the skin without damaging it. If you put pure aloe gel (with nothing added – the kind that needs to be refrigerated once opened) on your face after you wash it will also help a lot (by soothing the skin and killing bacteria).

Liver Cleanses are amazing and inexpensive to try. So there’s not much to loose even if quackwatch turned out to be right. Incidentally Tim Bowens (spelling?) aka Grog gives a great response to the quackwatch “ Liver Flush de-bunking.” I tried to find it for you via ‘search’ but no luck.

Anyhow best wishes, and if I can help you in anyway please let me know. Oh, and incidentally like the other guy mentioned—this is the first time I have ever looked at this forum.
Gardeninginthefog

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

Hi there. Sorry you are feeling so down. You said "Besides, i dont think i am even capable of love anymore, if I had ever been. I cant help but see us as animals who have evolved way too much for our own good..." It sounds to me like you have loved too much. I don't believe that you are incapable of love. I think that it is your great capacity for love is what has you feeling depressed. Your writing about your current situation with girls as well as your past and crying over loneliness as a child show a strong desire for love. What I hear is just that deadness that a person feels when there is too much pain to feel one's real feelings. Kind of like an emotion shock that sets in when feelings are too overwhelming. It sounds like you have a hard time feeling loved in return, and accepting the love that is there.

You also say “although ive had flings with several who are very attractive. I always felt inadequate for them, and didnt understand what they saw in me.” That, in combination with the fact that the fling you wish to pursue is one with a woman who is unavailable, makes me wonder how available you are to returned love. Would you continue to be interested in someone who returned your feelings? It sounds a bit like you might loose interest? Especially in someone who expressed a lot of desire for you? . If that has been your experience it’s worth thinking about.

I also hope you don’t kill yourself; I think that would be a big mistake, because there is a part of you that really wants to live. The part of you that wants to live is what made you post this note, and I think you should find out what it is that that part of you wants to live for.

You’ve said you don’t believe in any higher power, or at least that is what I took got from this: “I cant help but see us as animals who have evolved way too much for our own good...the lucky get what they want while the losers lose. Natural selection. When i look around at the happy people around me it seems they all are either one of the lucky people in this big "survival of the fittest" thing, rely on stupidity(faith), religion or some kind of false belief that doesnt work for a deeply thinking, feeling person.” I have to say I find it surprising that any deeply thinking person could believe that all of this evolved from chance without some form of intelligence as its source. The fact that beings are sentient—self aware—happened just due to chance? The odds of that to me seem mind bogglingly, staggeringly, unlikely to occur.

Or perhaps you balk at the name that has been put to the idea by different societies (eg. God, Allah, Tao, Vishnu, etc)? If it’s just the name or religion per say, then I agree with you. It doesn’t matter what you call it. It’s worth thinking about because your life view can provide you with a lot of inner strength and a feeling of ease when you find a connection to your inner self. To me, that inner self and creative life force share a similar nature.

On to quackwatch.com. When I first came online, here at curezone, I came across that site and almost didn’t try this stuff. But the thing about quackwatchs is, while they make some points that sound very good, if you read down far enough some of the stuff that they say to discredit people who pursue natural healing is pretty bloody ridiculous.

Such as this statement: “Ignore any practitioner who says that most diseases are caused by faulty nutrition or can be remedied by taking supplements.” That’s ridiculous even from a standard medical standpoint. It is widely acknowledged that diet has a lot to do with major diseases such as high cholesterol and heart disease, clogged arteries, adult onset diabetes is most frequent in obese individuals, people get Gallstones and gout from eating certain types of food, people who eat more fiber have less incidence of colon cancer…. Even from the perspective of the most conventional of modern medical science, that statement is ludicrous in its pure ignorance. I also love the comment on how Genetically engineered foods should not be labeled because they are so safe. Tell that to the cloned sheep who aged at three times the normal rate! I guess that’s just not front-page material. Anyhow, my advice on quackwatch is take a deeper look; it’s pretty misguided. Oh, also rent “Supersize Me.” That’s the documentary of a guy who eats only fast food for a month. There is some great film documented Science in that movie regarding diet.

I really encourage you to try some of the things suggested on this website for your acne. Especially a bowel and liver cleanse, and drinking a lot of water. Though it’s definitely most important to take care of it from the inside, there are some outward things you can do as well. Learned these things in aesthetician school: Stridex or other medicated Acne washes strip the skin of oil and dehydrate it causing the brain to think it needs to produce more oil, and starting a vicious cycle of dependency on the product. You better off using only plain water and a fresh cotton wash cloth to wash your face (no soap). A clean washcloth each day is necessary to prevent bacteria from growing in it. You can use the same cloth in the morning and evening if you rinse it out well and wring it dry and hang up when you are done. A cotton washcloth is a good way to exfoliate the skin without damaging it. If you put pure aloe gel (with nothing added – the kind that needs to be refrigerated once opened) on your face after you wash it will also help a lot (by soothing the skin and killing bacteria).

Liver Cleanses are amazing and inexpensive to try. So there’s not much to loose even if quackbusters it turned out to be right. Incidentally Tim Bowens (spelling?) aka Grog gives a great response to the quackbuster “ Liver Flush de-bunking.” I tried to find it for you via ‘search’ but no luck.

Anyhow best wishes, and if I can help you in anyway please let me know. Oh, and incidentally like the other guy mentioned—this is the first time I have ever looked at this forum.
Gardeninginthefog

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.144 sec, (6)