CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Coconut oil for cataracts

Views: 4,152
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,406,097

Re: Coconut oil for cataracts

Hi there.
About 1 year ago, I asked Bruce Fife whether coconut water or oil would help brunescent nuclear cataracts, and he said "No", "brunescent cataracts are too far advanced". The fact is, castor oil has better tissue-penetrating properties than coconut oil. The reason I don't try castor oil is because there was a study of the effect of pure castor oil on the cornea, and it was found to cause apoptosis (death) of corneal epithelial cells.
Still I don't think coconut water would damage the cornea, so as long as it is sterile I can't see any harm in trying it. As for coconut oil, I just don't know.

Here I want to stress yet again that we need to first pre-treat the lens with lens-softening eye drops that break the disulfide bonds in the cataractous lens. We could then use an AGE crosslink breaker to reverse the cataract, and I think we would see substantial reversal of the opacities within a few weeks.
The ideal lens softening eye drop is EV06, developed by Encore Vision to reverse lens stiffening in presbyopia, bought by Novartis for $465 million, but never followed up or released.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.199 sec, (1)