CureZone   Log On   Join
Benign in acidic conditions...? Sounds wonky-?

Views: 4,842
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,344,105

Benign in acidic conditions...? Sounds wonky-?

"Candida become pathogenic in basic pH conditions and is benign in acidic environments. Don't believe people who suggest taking baking soda or anything to raise pH when dealing with candida. Your gut needs acid to digest food PROPERLY and to create a hostile environment for pathogens. Betaine HCl tablets would be a good idea to take as a supplement."

Question!
Aren't you talking about stomach PH levels here and not PH levels throughout the whole gut? I agree with the advice you give. H.Pylori is known to lower stomach PH by disabling acid formation in the stomach wall.
But from my reading, it is stomach acid that kills of most of the bacteria in food and triggers bile release, and bile is known as a quite base PH (at least it's supposed to be) element-
That the bile carries the enzymes and digestive juices from the pancreas so that the food is met with all the necessary materials to lock up protiens, fats and such to prevent small intestine fermentation, And that it was an acidic environment in the gut that creates a painful overgrowth...?

Please reply with what you've read if I've got the summary wrong.
It makes sense to avoid sodium bicarb especially orally so that the stomach lining isn't disturbed further/microbes like pylori encouraged.

Have had several folk point out that betain HCL stops heartburn for them!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)