CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Low dose hydrocortisone

mwhticher Views: 4,212
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,317,191

Re: Low dose hydrocortisone

I am able to get pregnenalone and progrsterone cream yes. I am in the US so it is readily available! The problem is I'm worried that I don't have strong enough adrenals to use progesterone cream, as I read using it with weak adrenals can cause a horrible crash.
I also was debating an ACTH stim test to see if it is primary or secondary adrenal insufficieny caused by the steroid shot I received. Either way, the treatment is HC, but I think with primary AI you have to take fludrocortisone also.
I've been on the licorice since I posted this, and actually feel worse. I know it extends the life of free cortisol in the blood, which my serum cortisol is in the normal range, but I still feel awful taking it.

No, My gut can't handle probiotics yet. I have to go on an Antibiotic that kills SIBO before I can rebuild my gut.
I'm so lost on what to do. I don't want to make my adrenals worse off by taking HC, but I have read it's helpful and you can taper off after your adrenals have healed. I wouldn't care if I had to be on it forever at this point, I just want my life back and to be able to care for my newborn baby.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)