CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Low dose hydrocortisone

Piuma Views: 5,866
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,237,340

Re: Low dose hydrocortisone

Okay...where do I get hair analysis and how quickly can I get results. I just highlighted hair. Will that affect the results? What else does this test tell you?

Believe me I have resisted going on AD for 6 months but finally gave in. I went from stressed out basket case to feeling comfortably numb and apathetic. My BF left town for two weeks. Instead of feeling sad, I'm like 'meh'. I have this heavy feeling on my chest. Just can't get excited for anything now. It's especially worse before my period. I am overly sensitive and cry easily. So I'm either anxious or depressed - no middle ground. Have you tried AD? I am on baby dosage of Zoloft (1/4 of 25mg pill so 6.25mg). While this seems mild, I am very sensitive to these medications.

I am dealing with non-stop stress so eliminating stressors like my job is not an option. i've tried mediating. But my body wants to go-go-go all the time like it has a motor in it. Is it cortisol or adrenaline that makes me want to keep going? I literally wake up in the middle of the night from a nightmare or that panic feeling you get when you realize you lost your phone or left the stove on.

I've tried Seriphos and other cortisol lowering agents and they work great for a couple of hours and then there is a big rebound effect.

My doctor gave me progesterone to level me since most of my sleep and anxious problems start 2 weeks before my cycle begins and stop 1 week after my cycle ends. Instead of leveling me out...it made my estrogen sky rocket. Then I was given something to lower estrogen but that had it's own set of problems. I read that progesterone can convert to cortisol or makes your free cortisol more active in your body.

Why don't you recommend licorice root? Since I started taking it, I noticed that my skin is more wrinkled (sagging, dry, you can pinch the loose skin and it will stay that way). I read licorice root can affect potassium. In fact both my sodium and potassium on my labs were low but especially potassium. So does this mean I am over doing it on cortisol boosting supplements Or does this mean that it is pregnenolone steal which cause aldosterone steal. Your body uses it to funnel to make cortisol so you are holding onto more sodium and wasting potassium. That would explain the heart palps and chest pains I had last cycle. It also looks like I have some muscle wasting. But everything I read tells me that this is the ultimate adrenal fixer.

I also have problems with the blood draining from my hands especially if I lift my hand up, then the blood drains from my hand. Low blood pressure? Adrenaline? The blood starts flowing through my veins whenever I eat some sugar. Since starting zoloft, Yes I know it's only been two days, I don't have this problem. But now I feel flat like a pancake.

I realize that I may be going down a rabbit hole. That AD might raise my cortisol levels initially and I might feel better but crash when I come off so I am not addressing the problem. I just wish I knew which direction I was pointing in (high cortisol, low cortisol, perimenopause, so I can fix the problem instead of being a lab experiment for my ND and spending hundreds of dollars on unnecessary supplements.

Let me know.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)