CureZone   Log On   Join
Experiment with Nitazoxanide dosage

stillbattling Views: 4,952
Published: 9 y

Experiment with Nitazoxanide dosage

I wanted to share a treatment I was experimenting with last month.

I read veterinary research (I believe the link was in one of Sharkman's posts) regarding the action and effectiveness of different antiparasitic agents. There were 4 main ones: albendazole-type, ivermectin-type, pyrantel pomoate and nitazoxanide (alinia). nitazoxanide was the only one of the 4 whose action was different. The first 3, the more meds you took the greater the kill. Apparently, according to this research, nitazoxanide at lower doses did almost nothing, but at a higher dose (it did not specify how high) it could kill in one day.

So, I decided to try a higher dose of nitazoxanide. I took 1000 mg twice a day for a total of 2000 mg/day. The usual dose is 500 mg.

I took this for 5 days. I did not experience any adverse reactions. On day 6 I took one 1030 mg magnesium sulfate capsule to flush my liver .

I did not have a BM for 2 days, and when I did, I was shocked. NO BILE!! What came down the pike was just chewed up food as it must have come from my stomach. This went on for 2 days.

I was really scared. I did not know if my liver had shut down or if ALL my bile ducts were plugged. Finally things broke loose and there was bile again. I passed all kinds of stuff over the next couple of days (not visible worms). I thought it might be liver flukes.

At any rate, in retrospect, I think the nitazoxanide must have been very effective for whatever I still have, and I should probably take some again. But, for the first time in my parasite battles, I feel fear! I'm thinking about just taking it one day at 2000 mg and taking a magnesium sulfate capsule during the day.

These are tablets I received from India at a VERY low cost.

Has anyone else tried a similar dose of nitazoxanide? Any feedback would be good.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.176 sec, (1)