CureZone   Log On   Join
Counseling, yes........

Views: 1,513
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,257,448

Counseling, yes........

I agree with Archus, 100%.  We can type about techniques and whether it's "normal" to live inside one's head until the proverbial cows come home, but it does nothing to peel back the onion layers to get to the core of the issues. 

Trauma can (and, often, does) have a lifetime impact upon individuals, especially if there was prolonged childhood trauma. 

The typical response that I've heard for the past 20 years about counseling therapy is, "I can't afford it.  My insurance won't cover it."  Well, that's simply not an excuse good enough in my world.  Most counseling therapists and their firms will absolutely work on a "sliding scale" which can bring down the cost of one session to $10.  If my income is such that I cannot afford health insurance, I can apply for medical assistance which will cover EVERYTHING from mental health services to dermatologists and prescriptions.  I can also make decisions about cutting out things that I don't really need in order to live.  Like a cell phone or gaming subscription.  I will not die without these things.  Without sorting out my emotional issues, I could literally be digging my own grave.  Stress and anxiety kills, and that's a medical fact, not a theory or myth.

Whatever an individual chooses to do (or, not do) is their own business, but it is vital to understand and accept that it takes time, patience, and personal committment to recover from emotional issues, and it is best accomplished with a mature, knoweldgable, and skillfull counseling therapist.  I'm talking about someone who has experience under their belts and NOT someone who has just graduated with their Master's Degree. 

Again, brightest blessings to you...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.168 sec, (1)