CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Lip Eczema/Dermatitis - Need help badly!

Views: 70,570
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 1,168,921

Re: Lip Eczema/Dermatitis - Need help badly!

Hi...I have had this problem for over 40 years. A dermatologist recommended a lip ointment called (on the label from the pharmacy): "Fluocinonide 0.05% Ointment 30GM Mfg Lemmon" Instructions on the label are: "Apply topically twice daily to lips". Verbal instructions from physicians and/or their nurses were to apply a thin layer and once someone at the doctor's office said to wash my fingers off after using it--not sure why I was told that (maybe to keep it out of my eyes?) but I do wash my hands after applying it. I've been using this for probably 35 years. I only use it when really necessary since it is probably a strong medication but no one ever told me that; it is just my thinking but I have read that some of these topical treatments have been known to thin the skin but that is probably dependent on what part of the body it is applied to. It works right away in my experience. If you decide to ask your doctor and use it as well, I hope it helps you, too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.202 sec, (1)