CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Water fasting when you have a depression

ANNA13 Views: 2,983
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,249,405

Re: Water fasting when you have a depression

So today was day 5 and I had an important anxiety/panic attack that was triggered by something stupid, a bad news I received but after all, it was nothing to worry about.... Anyway, the anxiety rose, and before I knew it, I was too out of control to do my breathing exercises and EFT right.... In distress, and after what seemed a long time trying to breath, I ate a couple of apples thinking it would somehow calm me down, and it did, or at least it distracted me enough for the anxiety to decrease, and manage to do my exercises successfully...
Now, in a different context, it wouldn't have been a big deal for me to have boroken my fast after 5 days, but just because of all the efforts it took to get there, in fact, just to start it, and then to get to day 5... but it's all right, I'll continue fasting tomorrow, and will be more careful trying to keep the anxiety down. Now I know it's a very weak spot, so I won't let it happen again.
I have completed medium-long fasts before, so I know I still have the strength and self discipline in me to do it again...
It has been and still is such a struggle to fast this time. It feels as I'm obstinately trying to swim against the tide in a storm, only a fool would do that. But I don't want to give up. Instead, I try to find a bright side to this arduous fasting experience. In fact it has humbled me and is making me more conscious of my need for the higher power (God) to help me, and my need for the support from others. Therefore it will definitely be a more spiritually centered fast, which can't be a bad thing. Also, when my fast will come to its end, it will have been so hard to get there that I will be so very grateful and will appreciate and treasure my health even more...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)